Introducing our Newest STAGE Trainees!!!
The CIHR STAGE Program is very proud to welcome our newest trainees who officially joined the program in Fall/Winter 2017. This latest cohort consists of three Ph.D. students and five post-doctoral fellows, each with a unique academic background and a strong potential for success in the fields of genetic epidemiology and statistical genetics.
- Matthew Warkentin and Sangook Kim are Ph.D. students at Dalla Lana School of Public Health, in the Epidemiology and Biostatistics Divisions, respectively. Matthew is supervised by Dr. Rayjean Hung and is based at the Lunenfeld Tanenbaum Research Institute. Sangook is based at the Hospital for Sick Children and his primary mentor is Dr. Lisa Strug.
- Lin Zhang is a Ph.D. student in the Department of Statistical Sciences, University of Toronto and is supervised by Dr. Lei Sun. Yanyan Zhao is also supervised by Dr. Sun, and is a post-doctoral fellow in the Department of Statistical Sciences.
- Marie Pigeyre joins the STAGE program with a Ph.D. and medical degree from France, and is currently a postdoctoral fellow at McMaster University with Dr. Guillaume Paré.
- Elizabeth Corfield completed her PhD in Australia and is now a post-doctoral fellow at the Hospital for Sick Children, with Dr. Lisa Strug as her primary mentor.
- Myriam Brossard and Razvan Romanescu are postdoctoral fellows under the supervision of Dr. Shelley Bull at the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute.
To read more about these new trainees, click here.