Welcome to the STAGE community!
STAGE is now on TWITTER !!! Follow us @DLSPH_STAGE
Save the date for IGES 2020
CIHR STAGE is a formal and comprehensive training program in Genetic Epidemiology and Statistical Genetics, the first of its kind in Canada and one of few in the world.
The program offers new training and career development opportunities designed to cross-train individuals at the interface of genetics and population health sciences in genetic epidemiology and statistical genetics—two disciplines currently facing a massive shortage of qualified individuals in Canada and elsewhere. The overall goal is to improve prevention and management of complex diseases by increasing capacity in genetic epidemiology and statistical genetics research.
Participants will receive an enriched training experience, including the following opportunities:
- Stipends at CIHR rates, with option to receive top-up funding.
- Travel and top-up awards for trainees holding or able to obtain other awards or scholarships.
- Co-mentoring by a team of internationally-renowned experts.
- Cross-disciplinary practica in industry, government, or institutional research labs.
- Internships, exchanges, and networking at the local, national, and international levels.
- A curriculum incorporating core, integrative, and cross‑disciplinary courses and leadership training.
The program welcomes:
- Full-time Master’s or Doctoral students enrolled in graduate programs in the Divisions of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, and in the Department of Statistics at the University of Toronto
- Postdoctoral Fellows from relevant disciplines
- Faculty transitioning into the field of genetic epidemiology
- CIHR STAGE will accept applications from exceptional full-time PhD students enrolled in relevant biomedical programs at U of T, with a background in human genetics and evidence of training and strength in quantitative skills.
The expectation is that successful candidates will be nationally competitive for external awards.
Sponsors & Partners
CIHR STAGE is funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research through the Strategic Training Initiative in Health Research program, and housed at the University of Toronto Dalla Lana School of Public Health (DLSPH).
CIHR STAGE operates in close partnership with the Divisions of Epidemiology and Biostatistics of the DLSPH, the Department of Statistics of the University of Toronto, The Hospital for Sick Children, Princess Margaret Hospital, the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, and The Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute of Mount Sinai Hospital.