CIHR STAGE International Internship Program
This exciting and highly innovative component of CIHR STAGE provides trainees with opportunities for international collaborative experience. Four- to eight-month placements may be based either on an existing collaboration between labs abroad and those of STAGE mentors, or sought out by trainees elaborating their own short-term projects. CIHR STAGE has secured close partnerships with highly reputable international agencies, including:
- The World Health Organization International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), Genetic Epidemiology and Nutrition and Metabolism Units
- Inserm (French National Institute of Health and Medical Research) UMRS 937 – Génomique Cardiovasculaire Unit
- The Brazilian Agency for Graduate and Post-Graduate Education (CAPES)
- The Consulate General of France
- The University of Western Australia Centre for Genetic Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Undertaking an international internship represents a significant investment in your future. Download the CIHR STAGE International Internship Program brochure–a guide to our International Internship Program–to get detailed information, including:
- Eligibility and Requirements
- Travel Subsidies
- Possible Training Locations
- Trainee Expectations
- Application Materials
- Evaluation and Selection Criteria, etc.
Upon completion of a CIHR STAGE International Internship, every trainee is required to submit an Intern Report. The Report is intended to provide a concise evaluation of the internship from the intern’s point of view. For reporting requirements, click here.